What to do when you are done with your ibook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by eggnelle, Jul 27, 2009.

1. eggnelle macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2009
    Hi -
    I have an IBOOK g4...and I have never used it for any intense production or application - merely emails and internet. The battery is shot, but what can I do with it? It needs to be cleaned up (it's white and now looking a wee bit grey), needs to have some technical love because it is older...but can I sell this or is it just a lost cause? I know this MAC would be good for someone who, like me, just wanted internet and email. Or parts..

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

Apr 10, 2009
    Manchester, UK
    Many people still buy and sell these, hell I know my friend is currently trying to sell two iBook G3s on eBay. Some people, somewhere, will want them :)
  3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

Jul 6, 2007
    Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/ Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Depending on the specs, ibooks still fetch a few hundred bucks or so. Good luck trying to sell it.
  4. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

Jan 1, 2009
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Depending on what the specs are, I might be interested! :)
  5. AtrBirkett macrumors newbie

May 27, 2009
    Here, or there, mainly here though
    Yes I am :D

But Anywoo,

you would be quite surprised how much you can get for a G3, never mind the G4. I mean I currently am being driven mad by this thing; slow, no battery, bad keyboard, slow, not enough space, Slow?

But, apparently people love them to do precisely what your doing now. E-mails, and Surfin' the net. I would say it it well worth the opportunity to sell it on e-Bay. (other internet sites are available, not many though)

For instance, my iBook can gain up to £150-160 ($250-265)
    Well,$395 seems to be the normal 'Buy now' price,
    or if this: never understoodwhy this is so expensive, but if the specs are the same you should be in for a winner! (well it seems allot to me, but that's probably coz its in Dollars)

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

Apr 10, 2009
    Manchester, UK
    Seems like it would be a good idea to sell it :) Good luck to the OP.
  7. Boise Jim macrumors newbie

Oct 22, 2008
    Clean that baby up and sell it. Put the money toward a new Macbook, or something else. My wife has an iBook G4 that is pristine, with Leopard on it, and it runs as good as the day I bought it. She uses it for e-mail, internet, Word, etc., so no intense programs. Still a great little computer.

Also, now and then I hook up an external HD to it, hook it up to my receiver, and listen to tunes via Front Row.

Just my two cents.
  8. jodelli macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2008
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    IMHO, the PPC 12" iBook is Apple's netbook. Specs are superficially similar to the early EEE/Acer/etc offerings and good examples are similarly priced, slower examples for less.

And the keyboard and screen don't suck. YMMV.