What to do when your iphone temporarily dies and heats up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by green tara, Jul 4, 2010.

1. green tara macrumors newbie

Yesterday my iphone had about 85% battery level when it just switched itself off and became very warm for about 7 hours. The screen went black. I couldn't access the battery level sign, no icons, nothing! I couldn't switch it on again. Then after about 7 hours it finally became cool and displayed a red battery sign - i.e. very low battery. I recharged it and today it seems fine. Does anybody know what on earth happened and how I can prevent it occurring again?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sounds like something in the core OS got stuck in a tight loop, maxed out the CPU till the battery died. You can force reboot the iPhone. If it crashed again I'd recommend that rather than just letting it run flat out until it runs out of power.

3. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

this has actually happened to me twice now. the first time it happened, i was camping and the phone was fully charged the first night. when i woke up the next morning, it was completely dead and i couldn't even see the battery icon. the following day, i pressed the power button and was able to see the red battery icon showing that the phone needed to be charged. the second time it happened, i forgot the phone in my GFs car during the evening time (half way charged), and now it is completely dead. any ideas?

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Happened to me a few times already. I held the home and sleep/wake buttons for 10 or so seconds and it reset.