What to do with a spare iPad?

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I know I can easily sell my iPad Air 2 after I receive the new 10.5" iPad Pro in a couple of weeks but I'm wondering if it's worth keeping. Is there something I haven't thought of that I can use it for?

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

rui no onna

macrumors 604
Oct 25, 2013
I like keep at least one iPad for beta testing, etc, and as backup in case my primary iPad malfunctions and I can't get an Apple appointment quickly.

The rest goes to family members.

yep-sure

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I normally sell my old devices to offset the cost of upgrading, but this time around I"ll be giving my LTE iPad Air 2 to my step dad, as my parents are travelling overseas and both their iPads are wifi only. He's on a 1st Gen Mini at the moment so it should be a good upgrade for him.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I know I can easily sell my iPad Air 2 after I receive the new 10.5" iPad Pro in a couple of weeks but I'm wondering if it's worth keeping. Is there something I haven't thought of that I can use it for?
I don't sell my used iPads or other Apple devices. As far is your Air 2, it's really up to you if you think you can find uses for it when you receive your new iPad. I like to have multiple devices throughout the house.

OKLY

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2017
Malaysia
1. Pass it on to another family.
2. Donate to the less fortunate.
3. Hook it up as a secondary display for your computer.
4. Sell it off.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2011
Trollhättan, Sweden
Small, stationary TV & utility screen (using appropriate app) in the kitchen (for recipes), garage (DIY videos, TV) , home office (secondary monitor, TV, digital picture frame) or bedroom/living room (digital picture frame).

I have one as a coffee table "magazine" in the living room. Leave it under the coffee table for people to spouse to browse the news app using guided access (so all it can do is News App). :)

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I might mount my old iPad in the kitchen for cooking. Can watch a show or use it for recipes. I was also thinking of using it for our home automation and connecting the cameras to it.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I might mount my old iPad in the kitchen for cooking. Can watch a show or use it for recipes. I was also thinking of using it for our home automation and connecting the cameras to it.
Home automation is a brilliant idea. Especially if you have external cameras or CCTV Bluetooth capabilities.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
All of my close family members have iPads. My two youngest kids have 32GB iPad Airs so I've considered selling them, giving one my 64 GB iPad Air 2 then using the money I get from selling their two to pay for the other one.

Or, I wonder if my kid's school would have a need for it?

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
Rocky Mountains, USA
I have an old iPad that I use as a weather tracker on my desk. I always have it on either WunderStation, WunderMap, Storm, or Observatory.

Reactions: Ffosse