What to do with an 128GB iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bankrip123, Jan 2, 2014.

1. bankrip123 macrumors member

So I've just bought a new 128GB iPad Air for $450, which I believe it is only a good deal if I know how to make use of this 128GB. Otherwise, the iPad will be just like a 16GB version and equivalently, the deal becomes bad.

Do you have any suggestions?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You just bought a 128GB iPad Air for less than the cost of the 16GB iPad Air. Even if you only use 4GB of space, it's still a great deal.

As for how to use the space, that's up to you. Great space takers are Movies, TV Shows, and games such as Infinity Blade. Beyond that, take tons of pictures and videos with the device and you should use the space nicely. :D

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I bought my 128GB retina Mini to put all of my 105GB of music on it.

There is 115GB of space that is usable on the iPad so that leaves about 5GB after my apps for anything else. I can always remove lesser listened to bands for more space.

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Uh….well I disagree with your logic. But I will say that if you believe this to be a bad deal then you should have placed greater thought and resolve before making the purchase. I am sure no one placed a gun to your head and forced you to buy it. You made this purchase on your own. Man up, enjoy your new tablet, and think on the bright side.

5. Inmortum macrumors newbie

I agree, and to add on, storage is needed when you concider audio, photo or video to be a poi. If you do neither nor then you are probably using the machine to text ir count. Do you really need an Ipad?

6. ybz90 macrumors 6502a

ybz90

If you don't think you'll use the 128GB, then sell it, pocket the premium, and buy yourself a 16 or 32.

7. twingo macrumors regular

Relax. :cool:
    You don't have to fill the space to use your machine.
    Just use it and be glad that you don't run out of space so soon.

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

This. I go through so many different moods. I have times where I like all 105GB of music on mine. Times. when I just want videos. I have 160 music videos. I have times when I just want to load up on tons of TV shows and movies and then turn on iTunes Match so I still have all my music.

Just use the iPad OP and don't worry about filling it so much.

9. laudern macrumors 6502a

I am thinking of buying a 128 iPad but have 1 question. And it's about plex

The question I'm wondering is

If I buy the plex app does it/ can I sync my plex library with my plex library on my pc and play things on my iPad using the plex player. So this would mean that I don't have to convert the video files to something the native iPad video player would use???

10. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

I purchased a 128GB rMini (wifi only) just so I'll have a piece of mind knowing that I won't ever run out of space because this will be the only iPad i'll be owning (I have no intention of purchasing an additional one; why would I? One is enough for me). I highly doubt I'll fill up all 128GBs, but I feel comforted knowing that I could put movies, tv shows, music videos, music, apps, etc and still have room left for more. I say you got a pretty good deal on what you got and you should stick with it!

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

How did you get it that cheap?
    And its not hard to make use of it. Get tons and tons and tons of app!!!!!!! Then get more apps!!! Take some pictures a lot of video more apps get movies songs tv shows apps. Have fun with it:D

12. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I would fill that thing up with games and productivity apps.

13. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

I would use the 128GB Air like any other Air! :rolleyes:

14. mpantone macrumors 6502

Not rocket science

It's no different than any other sized iOS device.

Put stuff you want on it. Don't put stuff that you don't want on it.

Do this until A.) you run out of space, or B.) you run out of things you want to put on it.