What to do with an iPhone that I can't yet use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coldmember, Jan 17, 2008.

1. coldmember macrumors newbie

I'm the enviable position of having an SO who just bought me an iPhone for my Bday.

Unfortunately, here in this part of the flyover, Ma Bell has yet to bring the local Cellular One into her fold. Although the deal was closed two weeks ago, I'm told that it will be between 2-3 months before the infrastructure will be in place to become a true ATT network.

Cell One is my current provider and is GSM. Although I have internet on my phone, I don't think that it uses Edge.

That being said, what can I do with my iPhone to at least get some enjoyment out of it in the meantime?

2. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

I'd return it and buy another when you actually have AT&T service in your area. Even if what you have been told is true and they do throw the switch in 2-3 months, why burn through 25% of your warranty period with your phone not even activated? And unfortunately based on experience with promises made by cell phone companies, it could just as easily be 2 years as 2 months before you get service no matter what they told you.