What To Do With Cracked Screen MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LillieDesigns, Mar 5, 2011.

1. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

So I bought the last generation MBP (the early 08 just before the new body style) and over time my Incase cover loosened the hinge and gradually cracked the screen off.

The computer works fine still, but it can't be used without being propped up; basically to be a portable, working machine again it needs a screen replacement.

I purchased a new MBP last week and want to make some money off the old one, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to go.

Should I replace the screen then try to sell it for more than the repair cost? Sell as is? Tear it apart and sell the insides individually (not really sure how to go about doing this suggestion).

I know I probably won't get much for it, but it is the 15 inch upper end model so hopefully it's good for something.

2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I would get a quote for the screen replacement, and also find out the value for a perfect condition machine, and just subtract the costs. Sell it as is, let the buyer know they'll need to either get a screen replacement, or use the computer plugged into another monitor. You'd be surprised at how many people will bite, since they will save money on it if they make it a DIY project.

3. LillieDesigns thread starter macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns