What to do with dead iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Schadigung, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Schadigung macrumors newbie

Was at a U2 concert when it started raining really hard. My iPod touch was in a bag under the bleachers but it still got wet and now won't turn on. I went to the Apple Store today and they basically said it's permanently dead, as there's corrosion in the dock connector and the water damage indicator is apparently activated. They also said i could replace it for $150 or get 10% off a new iPod touch by recycling it. Is there any other options for what to do with a dead iPod touch such as selling it for parts? I'm assuming that any sort of long-shot fix is out of the question but i'm open to ideas since i've only got a dead iPod touch to start. Thanks in advance for any advice

2. bb25 macrumors newbie

bb25

Yeah, I would sell it for parts on eBay. A lot of people buy iPods/iPhones for parts. After you sell it, you can use the money to put towards a new iPod Touch.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Did you leave it to dry? (put in rice bag+sun?), I would replace it :p

4. Schadigung thread starter macrumors newbie

bb25: Thanks for the tip, i'll see what they're going for on ebay, probably more than what apple will give me.

elpmas: I haven't tried the rice yet, it's probably too late at this point. When i decide to replace it, i'll probably just get a new one since it's only $50 more, probably less if i can sell the old one for parts.

5. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Paperweight.

Just kidding, sell it for parts. You'll probably 1/3 of original price, I would say.