what to do with expired applecare stuff

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I came acrossva folder containng a booklet,box, and receipt other papers for an apple carecplan thatvis now expired, do I keep it? or should I shred it?

thisMRguy

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
I have 2 apple care's for macbook that were purchased in 2009 and 2010 and have not been used. Are they still valid?, as apple care online is not accepting my registration.

Reason I had them for so long is I never used it for my original two macs that lasted longer than I expected and now wish to use it with my new macbook purchased last year.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I have 2 apple care's for macbook that were purchased in 2009 and 2010 and have not been used. Are they still valid?, as apple care online is not accepting my registration.

Reason I had them for so long is I never used it for my original two macs that lasted longer than I expected and now wish to use it with my new macbook purchased last year.
I'm pretty sure they are not. Did you buy it with your old macs? Just because you never needed a repair doesn't mean you didn't use it.

thisMRguy

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
I'm pretty sure they are not. Did you buy it with your old macs? Just because you never needed a repair doesn't mean you didn't use it.

Called Apple Care, the registration number was no longer valid for online registration, but still valid in their system and needed to be applied manually by apple stuff.

TSDR; old AC still valid if not used, just call Apple support.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.