What to do with extra iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onlycopunk, May 13, 2008.

1. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

I have an extra unopened iphone 8gigs.

Do I sell it on ebay?

Or use return it to Apple so the credit goes back on my card and I don't have to bother with it anymore?

2. touchyphone macrumors regular

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Sell it fast. There is almost no inventory of new iphones at retail right now, so people who need one can't buy one. But as soon as Apple announces iphone2, your iphone will be worth a lot less. Since today is Tuesday and there was no announcement, you have at least a week (till next tuesday) or at most until June 9 when Steve Jobs does the keynote.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Indeed. Have a look at eBay… people are going crazy lining up for iPhones… obviously noone is reading MacRumors! :D

5. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

Sell it on EBay for a ton of cash and don't look back :apple:

6. onlycopunk thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been looking on ebay and wondering if the extra 50 or 60 bucks really worth my trouble.

But in the end I think it will be.

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

eBay fees? Wow.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Post it on Craigslist. It's free and you'll sell it faster than eBay. The anonymity that eBay provides has really hurt the experience in recent years. I've had much better success selling locally.

9. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

forget craigslist. Ebay it will go within hours.. quickly before steve makes his announcement otherwise ur 8gb will be veryyy hard to sell..

10. onlycopunk thread starter macrumors 6502

Can't use Craig's list. All the ATT stores locally have iphones in stock.

It's pretty safe to say as well that the new phone isn't going to be announced until the WWDC. So I've got a little time.

11. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

i think you should put it on ebay as soon as you can. your area is probably one of the few areas in the country with iPhone stock, and if you put it on eBay somebody across country would probably buy it who is desperate.

dont take it easy and leave it too late. if you also wanna make a quick buck while at it buy a fewiphones from ATT store and put on ebay too.... they will go like hot cake.