What to do with extra MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chris8535, May 10, 2010.

1. chris8535 macrumors member

My girl got the third MBP in our house (after a thief smashed my bimmer in and took her pre-unibody one a few months ago) and now we have an extra macbook sitting around the house -- one she already had and used in the meantime. She previously let the old macbook just sit in a drawer but I'd like to put it to better use. I have an older Dell 24" screen I don't use anymore either (we use an iMac for our video editing/production now).

Any ideas on something fun to set up the Macbook and Dell 24" to do?

2. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you need a server, you could use it for that, but other than that, you might be better off selling it.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I'll take it off your hands. I want to experiment with some mods.

5. Kiddo86 macrumors member

I have ADD and I often find myself wanting to do a lot at once... play a game, surf the web, watch some shows, etc... I normally use my newer MBP to surf/game and set up my older one on my desk next to me playing Scrubs on a loop or something. I'd sell the old one but it's got a nice big dent in it which is only cosmetic but I assume it's worth more to keep than to sell now because of that.

6. JRob65a6 macrumors regular

JRob65a6

You know they make medication for that..........
    I'm ADHD and OCD. and it is the best thing ever..........

7. Kiddo86 macrumors member

I clean my MBP almost every night with a can of air and alcohol... I know all about OCD! :D