What to do with fried C2D iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wesg, Apr 9, 2009.

1. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

My dad uses iMacs for work and earlier this week one of them went boom. After a valiant effort by the service dealer, the logic board was deemed blown, and all data was transferred to the other remaining iMac. Now we have an iMac that does nothing but sit in a box. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it properly? I've just read about the Apple recycling program here in Ontario so that currently looks like the best way.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Trade it in for a new machine or other Apple Hardware. Or, you could just purchase another logic board off of EBay or another vendor and have a new iMac. This is reason number 1 at to why one should always have Apple Care.

TEG

3. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

...Is there any other reason to have AppleCare?

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Because it comes in a cool box.

5. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

The tech support. It's not just an extended warranty, but also includes 3 years support. Although I'll go out on a limb and say that most folks on this forum PROBABLY don't need tech support as we are (supposedly) technically competent. ;)

6. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I'm not. I use AppleCare constantly. I'm done reading manuals, I just call them when setting up any of their products.

7. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

No offense intended. Many folks on here don't have value for the Apple tech support, or at least CLAIM not to. I'm glad to see someone using it!