What to do with iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grimwwr, Jul 5, 2010.

?

What to do with iPhone 3G

1. Sell it on eBay

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Give it to my girl

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. Screw the other options! Keep it to yourself and be a spoiled apple fanboy!

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  1. grimwwr macrumors member

So I just hoped to get some different feedback from the Macrumors community on this subject.

I've got a white 16gb iPhone 3G which I stopped using when I bought my 3GS a year ago. My plans were to sell it unlocked on eBay. However because I waited too long and other things came up, I just never got around to doing this. Would an iPhone 3G even sell due to the discontinuation and the amount of 3GS and 4's currently on sell on eBay?

My girl also has a first generation iPod touch. It's getting old and I'm looking into getting her something newer or better. I then thought of my 3G. Is the 3G much better than the iPod touch she currently has? The only advantage I can see is the camera and extra 8gb.

So basically I am curious

Is there a point to putting it unlocked and jailbroken on eBay?

Is there a point in giving it to my girl to replace a 1st gen iPod Touch?

Are there any better suggestions?

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

where is the "i don't give a crap what you do with your old cell phones" option?

or how about the "donate to phones for troops"

or donate to the "salvation army"

all those options should be added

3. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I voted for sell it on eBay. You can get $199 for it, I did. Use the money and buy your girl a NEW iPhone 3GS for $99. Take the extra $100 and take her out to a nice dinner. She will thank you for it, in good ways. ;)

4. grimwwr thread starter macrumors member

While I could have done without your first comment, the others are good ideas so thank you.

5. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I'd sell it. It's not much faster than the iPod touch.

6. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

so edit your poll and add them...i would say add all three and see what comes up.