What to do with my C2D Mid 2010 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cjrulli, Oct 26, 2016.

1. cjrulli macrumors regular

The eve of new MBP's are upon us and I will most likely be ordering one tomorrow. My current 2010 MBP physically is beat to hell. It's been through so much over the last 6+ years. With the SSD upgrade it's actually not bad for daily activities like web surfing and music. However, I know once I get that new machine I'll be on that one for everything. So with that being said, can anyone recommend some useful/neat ways to repurpose my old MBP?

I don't want to sell it as it's really beat up and I probably wouldn't get much. I rather try and repurpose it instead of it just sitting in a drawer somewhere.

All suggestions welcome!

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Well I would give it to a family member or friend that could really do with a computer, that's where my 2010 went 3 years ago when I bought a retina mbp.
    You'll help someone out, earn a load of brownie points from endless people and feel really good about yourself, a win win win situation.

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Yes, help someone out....it's the best thing to do!

4. prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton

The above suggestions are of course very good, I have done the same in the past.

Another consideration would be to turn it into a server. Add a couple of large HDD’s plugged in via USB.