What to do with my iPhone 5s?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plix, May 26, 2014.

1. plix macrumors member

What I do with it? I just bought it 2 weeks ago from ebay for $780CAD. It's the 64GB model and there is nothing wrong with it. I was reluctant but it seemed like a good deal.

I know the iPhone 6 will be here by fall and the larger screen is what I'm after. But at the same time I'll be needing a phone for sure by September when school starts.

If I keep it and the iPhone 6 is released, what can I sell it for?

If I do sell it now, then I'll have to get some cheap phone until the iPhone 6 comes out :(

2. RedCroissant Suspended

Did you buy it unlocked? If you did, then keep it and use it until the the iPhone 6 is released and then sell your unlocked 5S for a profit and buy the 6.

Otherwise, I don't see why the 5S isn't big enough. I'm still using the iPhone 3GS and the screen is just fine for me. But then again, that just comes down to personal preference.

3. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I see the OP is in Canada so I don't know how things might differ. Here in the US, AT&T will unlock your phone for free if it has been completely paid for. I did this with my old phone and gave it to a friend when I upgraded this winter

See:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article...pObpQ-UKQ3ZgKZMtOTivNzn1xP5A#fbid=YwgnNb5G6wH

4. plix thread starter macrumors member

Yeah its unlocked thats the good thing. If I had to get it on a two year contract I would have to get a $90/month plan whereas with the unlocked I can get a very similar deal for about $40 less per month.

I have been using an S3 for the last 6 months so maybe thats why I think the screen is small.