What to do with my Iphone or 'counting chicks before they hatch'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s0upb0ne, Jun 3, 2008.

1. s0upb0ne macrumors member

A friend is interested in buying my iphone this week for $350, but I my friend is set on me handing over the phone before wednesday.

So this leads to a couple of problems

-> what am I going to do for a phone until Monday (any suggestions)?
    -> We are pretty sure there will be an annoucement next week, but will the phone be released the same week?

thinking about taking the gamble ...any thoughts?

2. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

95% sure they will release the phone as "available now" as soon as Steve finishes his speech.

If not, I can't see them going any longer with "Currently Unavailable" on their website, they'd have to start selling the old ones again.

I was in the same situation as you and that's what I came up with, sold my 8GB for $375 and hope they have an 8GB next week for less than that so my only choice will be whether to pay for more storage or not.

3. robhedin macrumors regular

I'd be *very* surprised at this. That would mean that the the developers whom Apple has spent the last months courting would be unable to get one without giving up some of the conference time they've just forked over $1600 to attend plus airfare and lodging.

I expect it will be more of a "hey here's the new phone! line up and buy it on XXX date" which would give people time to line up and hence, create more free advertising for apple.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess announce on the 9th, availability on the 27th, or the 20th or the 13th in that order. But then again, I'm not SJ.

rob.

4. s0upb0ne thread starter macrumors member

That is what has been making me suspicious about a monday release.

Does anyone now quickly the FCC process to approval processes new phones?

5. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Go buy a really cheap crappy black and white, snake-capable phone to use for a couple weeks if necessary. That's what I'd do at least.

6. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

"oh..one more thing, the new iPhone will be available today and all attendees of the conference will get one on their way out of the keynote speech"

7. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

This is crucial. They should seriously put snake in every phone.

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Does your friend have his old phone? Maybe you can just pop your sim into that and borrow it for a few days.