What to do with my iTunes gift card??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ciberkarlos, Sep 17, 2013.

1. ciberkarlos macrumors member

Hi everyone, i'm from Spain and a friend of mine brought me the new MBA from the US this August. It came with a 100$ gift card because of the back to school promo, but i can't use it with my iTunes Spain account. The problem is that i didn't know that these cards doesn't works with non-US accounts, so i scratched it to try the code.

How can i do with the card? I could be able to sell it somewhere? What would be a reasonable price since it is scratched?

Thank you very much.

2. Tavicu macrumors regular

Tavicu

Or you could create a new account on us store and use the gift card ...

3. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Give it to me :D

Or ..

Make a US account and redeem your card. Trust me, US Apple Store has the best content. Apps, music, movies you name it.

4. ciberkarlos thread starter macrumors member

For example, could i add the credit to an US account and use it to buy OSX Mavericks and some apps, and then use my usual apple ID? I mean, is it possible to use both apple IDs (US for purchases and Spanish for iCloud and my previous purchased apps)?

Thank you very much

5. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Yes, you should be able to do this. Actually, couldn't you log in to the U.S. Apple Store with your Spanish Apple ID but use the gift card? I think you could....