What to do with my late 2006 MBP?

Phlebas8717

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Chicago
My new 15 inch MBP should be in later today (woot woot!) and I am wondering what to do about my elderly 2006 MBP. It has been a great laptop for me, and is still kicking after all these years, but its age is showing. I thought about selling it on Ebay, but the laptop is pretty beat up (missing the function key, scratches, dented case, a weak hinge connecting the screen to the body and a dead pixel) and I probably won't get enough money to make it worth selling it.

What should I do with it? Load up Ubuntu and have a zippy Linux Machine? Put Lion on it and have a through around Mac around the house? Format the HD and make it a Lion/Linux machine or even a Lion/Linux/Windows machine?

What do you guys do when you laptops have been replaced but still have life left in them?

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
My new 15 inch MBP should be in later today (woot woot!) and I am wondering what to do about my elderly 2006 MBP. It has been a great laptop for me, and is still kicking after all these years, but its age is showing. I thought about selling it on Ebay, but the laptop is pretty beat up (missing the function key, scratches, dented case, a weak hinge connecting the screen to the body and a dead pixel) and I probably won't get enough money to make it worth selling it.

What should I do with it? Load up Ubuntu and have a zippy Linux Machine? Put Lion on it and have a through around Mac around the house? Format the HD and make it a Lion/Linux machine or even a Lion/Linux/Windows machine?

What do you guys do when you laptops have been replaced but still have life left in them?
No Lion..I'd put a Linux server on there and treat as a NAS. I do that now with a 06 Mac Pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.