What to do with my macbook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nevpaurion, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Nevpaurion macrumors regular

I just got back to my dorm and am now using my iMac pretty much full time. Now that I never use my macbook (that is until I go home again in 2 months :D) I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to store it. Should I keep it just in it's case turned off without being charged? Or is it better for it to be just shut while on in sleep or whatever on the charger the whole time?

2. Eric. macrumors regular

I believe I read that Apple suggests storing it with the battery half-charged.

3. H&Kie macrumors regular

You can store your MacBook shut down, preferably not wih a fully charged battery, but never ever with an empty battery.
    It also wouldn't hurt to callibrate your battery once in a while as described in the user manual.
    (yes, I actually read the manual that came with my MacBook :eek:)

4. Nevpaurion thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, yea I've read in it to calibrate the battery about once a month I think. So I should store it with half battery and charge it before it reaches 0% until I use it again?

5. H&Kie macrumors regular

That's the best way to keep your battery in acceptable condition. By the way, it wil take a loooong tme for the battery to discharge from half-loaded to 0% when just stored.