What to do with new iPad2 (setup)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dacapo, May 20, 2011.

1. dacapo macrumors 6502

I'm sure there's probably a thread on this somewhere, but haven't found it yet. Maybe because it's been 2 months since the iPad2 intro date...

In any case, what are the things I should be doing?

I've read some things about backlight bleed that I should check for... and also recall something about some people having woes with activation?

Anything else?

2. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess there isn't much of an interest in this. Although when I got my MBP, I know that there was at least a thread there that instructed other users how to check out everything and calibrate the monitors etc.

Oh well, if someone hits on something, please let me know.

So far, I've got:

1. Check for backlight bleed (go in a dark room and max out the brightness)
    2. Check for dead pixels

Is that about it?

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Open box, plug into iTunes, sync apps, music and songs, and enjoy. That's what you should do!

4. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Dude, I wouldn't check for anything. Don't get caught into this OCD cycle half of us (me included) are in. If you can use it and not notice an issue than that's awesome. If in your use you notice an issue bring it to apple.

5. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

If I only could! :D

It's still sealed in the box, and I'm waiting until my case arrives tomorrow before I open it up.

Actually got caught off guard, as I sauntered into the Apple Store and asked them nonchalantly, "You wouldn't have any White 32GB AT&T iPads would ya?"

And the guy goes, "Yup, we've got all models."

Me: "Are you sure it's not the Verizon?"

Guy: "We've got those too if you want."

Walked out happily shocked with the exact model I (my wife) wanted.

Today being the first day I actually decided to stop lurking online for Target inventories, and just start hunting for one in person, this was the best possible outcome!

:cool:

Sorry for digressing, but yeah, I just can't bring myself to be non-OCD with this Apple stuff. Normally, I'm terrible at taking care of electronics... I do blame/thank fellow Macrumors-ers for this.:)

6. rc135tx macrumors member

rc135tx

What he said, exactly ... If it's not noticeable in normal use, it's not a problem. ;)

7. blazinz macrumors regular

also time to change ur sig n add that ipad in there ..;)

congratz

8. dacapo, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011

dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

done, thanks! :)

(i can't wait till tomorrow... gonna open now. :D)

Edit: typing from my iPad now. I do have backlight bleeding, but no dead pixels.