Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I just bought a new iMac to replace a Mac Mini. I am currently using a BenQ display as my main monitor and an Apple 23" Cinema Display as my secondary. I'm planning to use the BenQ for photo editing, so the Cinema Display has to go. I see they don't have a lot of value on Ebay, so I'm looking for suggestions as to how to dispose of it. It works fine, so I hate the idea of pitching it into the dumpster. Any ideas?

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
I have exactly the same monitor fully boxed.
My display had a single line of pixels right across the middle (l to r) years ago, so got put away.
I just can’t bring myself to get rid though, like you say it’s such a classy bit of tech.
There must be someone who could use it for spares.

I remember buying it and cost me about £900...... ?

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I was just got done boxing mine up. I still have the original box and all the paperwork that came with it. I can't remember what I paid for it but I know it wasn't cheap.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
You have the box. Which makes a difference in price. If the screen is in excellent condition. You might get $150 on Craigslist, LetGo, &c. Condition makes a big difference. As collectors are interested in these screens. Other pluses would be all the original manuals, packing material, &c. Depending on all the factors you could have a $50 to $150 screen.

Reactions: Glockworkorange

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I do have all the original packing material and the annual as well. I live in kind a rural are so I doubt that there are a lot f collectors on Craigslist who might be interested. And I'm not a huge fan of Craigslist anyway. Is there some sort or website for Apple collectors? I'm not looking to make a killing setting rid of this, I just would rather not throw it in the dumpster or shove it in closet and let it collect dust.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
The ACD and TB displays are classy monitors for sure. I love mine and I'm still using it to this day.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
I agree. I have no complaints about mine, but with the new iMac coming, I just no longer need it.

I am in somewhat the same boat. Waiting on the refresh of the iMac line since using this display will be a hassle with a new Mac Mini. So the best option to entirely upgrade is to buy a new 5K iMac and just sell or give away my old Mac Mini, TB Display and some other goodies that go with it.

EDIT: As for parting with your old display, I recommend using OfferUp or other local community selling app. Shipping one of these is not easy (well easier with the smaller ACD).

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
I don't know if its acceptable or not here but I just got a new iMac 2019 21.5 inch and I am looking to get a 3 monitor display going. I could pay for shipping of the item so its no cost to you. Shoot me a message and I am sure we could come up with a deal. I am new to the Mac game and I am looking for all sorts of accessories and peripherals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.