iPad What to do with second iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iTorment, Aug 28, 2013.

1. iTorment macrumors member

iTorment

So long story short, I currently have two iPads, one 3rd Gen (64GB, White, JB, bought on my own) and a 4th Gen (32GB), that was awarded to me by my employer.

The 4th Gen iPad is on 6.1.3 and as far as I know, "un-jailbreak-able". I've been spoiled by certain jailbreak tweaks and have a hard time using stock iOS. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to keep it or sale it somewhere.

What would you do in this situation?

2. L T macrumors 6502

L T

I would sell the 4th Gen quickly before the 5th Gen comes out and the price drops.

3. iTorment thread starter macrumors member

iTorment

Good point. There is something cool about owning two, not very practical though. Guess it's time to sell.

4. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I'd probably sell too. As much as I would hate to.

5. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Sell or gift it to someone you really like. Or, if you want to do something really great give it to a charity that works with kids, ex. YMCA

6. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

I'd sell the 4th..for me and most, I'm sure, 3rd really isn't that different. Plus you have 64 GB and jailbroken! Who knows how long it'll be before there will another break. It's a no brainier for me. ;)

Though I agree having two iPads is pretty cool even when it's not practical. :cool:

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

8. Cobster macrumors member

Get a wife and have some kids and it will all work out... Soon you'll NEED ipad number 3 and 4...

9. Bear macrumors G3

And one mounted in the kitchen for recipes and who knows what other fixed location iPads will be useful. :)

10. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Our cable company has an app that allows us to watch TV on our iPad or iPhone. This enabled us to replace the cable box an crappy old TV in our kitchen with an iPad. The picture is clearer, offers more channels than our regular cable plan, and saves us $100/year or so by using fewer boxes (our company charges for them).

11. morningsong macrumors member

morningsong

12. Zcott macrumors 68020

13. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I plan on keeping my mini for book/magazine reading as well as a nice music controller to use with my airplay speakers. I will be leaving it in my shiny new twelve south hirise.

14. wolfpuppies3 macrumors 6502

Gift it. My daughter has my iPad one. My sister has my iPad two. My wife and I both have iPad threes but will simply gift them when/ if we feel the need for upgrades. Ditto Mac books.

15. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Here's what I'm doing with my 1st gen iPad:

Vintage portable TV

I just picked this up on ebay and will gut out the insides and install the iPad and speakers to make a digital video picture frame playing classic TV shows and commercials.

16. michaeltsikov macrumors newbie

sell ipad 4th gen and keep the 3rd gen. or you can also give it to me :D

17. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

That`s properly brilliant.
    And I do have a spare 1st Gen iPad too...:)

18. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

No, give it to me. :D

19. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Bumping this thread to show the final results of the project:

[​IMG]

Project Details

20. Corey Gibson macrumors newbie

I know that often times there are donation centers for our military service members. sometimes they take cellphones and ipads for donations so that overseas soldiers can use them to communicate with family members.

I'm not sure on all the details, but supporting our troops seems like a great place to start.

21. susa macrumors regular

OP, you must donate your iPad to sracer to help make another one of these vintage TVs . . . so he can sell it to me! This is just too cool and I'd so love that experience just a little bit of going back in time. I bet a lot of people would :)

22. big samm macrumors 65816

I also have 2 ipad 1st and 3rd gen... I use the ipad 1 as a big remote control... Play music via airplay, send video content to the tv like vevo netflix etc, and also use the remote app to stream my movies, tv shows and music from icloud via the apple tv of course... I will use it till it dies on me!

23. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I still have my iPad 1 and this is precisely what I do with it. A cheap business card holder works great as a stand and I use Dropbox as my digital recipe collection. That combined with Safari for looking up recipes on the fly works brilliantly.