What to do with SIM when returning iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myrtlebee, Nov 3, 2017.

1. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

I purchased an iPhone X from Apple (Verizon) and paid full price on their app. I set up and activated the new phone with the new SIM that was included with the new phone. Now I have to return the phone. Can I just take the new SIM from the X and put it into my old phone and keep it? Can I send the X back without a SIM or is there a process I have to go through to take my number off the new SIM and put it back on the old one? I would appreciate input only from those who have done this before and not guesses. Thanks.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You Don't have to send the defective iPhone back with the Sim card in it. You can keep the current Sim card and use that in your previous iPhone if you want to, being it's already activated.

3. myrtlebee thread starter macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Thank you, sir. I trust your advice and will do that then. Do you think I should call Verizon to make sure they don’t charge me the upgrade fee since I’m returning, or will that usually correct itself without me doing anything?

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would just call them at the 611 number and double check to verify. But they should not be charging you a secondary upgrade fee. If anything, you can have the representative make notations on your account to ensure there are no issues with the return or associated fees.