Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ombatay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
So I recently bought a macbook pro, and they still come with a printer that's free after rebate. I've got a great printer right now which is substantially better than freebie, but I'm not about to not take a free printer.

The question is what to do with it. I could sell it on eBay, but as expected, there's a bit of a flood of these on there right now, not really worth much. And honestly, it's worth more than 25$ to me to keep it as a backup.

Anybody have any lucking getting a store to give you exchange credit? Seems in the past year or two every store has taken a no-receipt, no-love policy, even the old stalwart walmart. Best Buy sells it for 85$ right now, if only they'd take it back!

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
So I recently bought a macbook pro, and they still come with a printer that's free after rebate. I've got a great printer right now which is substantially better than freebie, but I'm not about to not take a free printer.

The question is what to do with it. I could sell it on eBay, but as expected, there's a bit of a flood of these on there right now, not really worth much. And honestly, it's worth more than 25$ to me to keep it as a backup.

Anybody have any lucking getting a store to give you exchange credit? Seems in the past year or two every store has taken a no-receipt, no-love policy, even the old stalwart walmart. Best Buy sells it for 85$ right now, if only they'd take it back!

It would make a lovely chritmas prezzy for someone who needs a printer (relative etc) ?

bunit

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2007
Westerly RI
Put it in the back of your closet. Never now if your current printer decides it does not want to work anymore and your stuck with no printer.:apple:

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Will it blend?

But really, keep it as a backup or give it as a gift to somebody.

PcBgone

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Before I got into Macs, we bought a dell, that came with a free printer. At the time I had an excellent Photo Printer that I used. I decided to hook the dell printer anyway, as the ink was a lot cheaper then my photo printer. So I switched all my document printing to the dell, and then left my photo printing to the photo printer. I still use it to this day as this setup. I go through twice as much ink on the dell printer at about half the cost of the Epson Ink for my photo printer...Im happy with this, and if you do any amount of photo printing this may be a valuable option for you..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.