What to do with this MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MR.305, May 26, 2010.

1. MR.305 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've just picked up a late 2006 MacBook 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2, Mac OS 10.5.8. It was a mates and his drive failed, I replaced it and he bought a new MBP. So now it's mine and I'm not sure what to do with it. I got a new full install of Snow Leopard from work and it's all up and running.

Just not sure what to do with it now. It's alot quicker than my dell inspiron of similar age. So it may replace that. What sort of games will it run? Any software I should get ?

Seems like and odd question I know. I am enjoying getting used to Snow leopard it's very different but works really well once you stop thinking this isn't windows. But I don't know what Macs do best.

Mr.305

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Since its a GMA950 graphics unit, don't expect anything great gaming-wise. iLife apps like iMovie and iPhoto work fairly well on it. I used my 2006 MacBook extensively with these apps.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It won't be too great at gaming, although I'm sure it can run games like Age of Empires 3. My 2007 white iMac with only 1GB of RAM runs Age of Empires 3 fine:D

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

I would use it to get my day to day business tasks done and for my own personal enjoyment.

Like I would any other computer.

5. miicah macrumors regular

I have that exact model, use it for university - typing assignments programming in eclipse and web browsing.

The graphics card means it can't even play QuakeLive properly but that's probably a good thing considering I should be studying :)

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr