What to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unknown0, Jan 26, 2011.

1. unknown0 macrumors member

I want to get the Verizon Iphone, however, knowing that the Iphone 5 is right around the corner sucks. I know there has not been any announcements regarding whether Verizon will get the Iphone 5. In a way I don't see why they wouldn't, but releasing Iphone 4 in Feb. and a mere 5 months later releasing a brand new phone does not make sense either. In a way I wish they would have waited until the summer and just released the Iphone 5 on both carriers.

Also, I want to make sure I get on the unlimited data plan. Verizon already announced that plan will be up only for a limited time so I am afraid that if I just wait until the Iphone 5 comes to Verizon they will have switched to a tiered data plan.

I have an Ipod Touch 4G that I plan on selling to pay for the Iphone so it should not be so bad. I just have to decide whether I should wait for the IPhone 5 and risk losing the unlimited data plan, or get the Iphone 4 now.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Good luck with your decision
    It is one only you can make based on your needs and wants

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Search the forum for 87 other threads from people who can't make a decision unless "enlightened" by members of an Internet forum.

4. DaveF macrumors 6502a

How do you know you need the unlimited plan? How much data do you currently use?

If finances aren't a problem, get it all: Buy the iPhone 4 and the unlimited data plan. Then in four months, upgrade to the iPhone 5 (pay the costs, maybe sell the iPhone 4 to help), and you've got everything you want.

If finances are a practicality: how much do you need an iPhone (or other smartphone) right now, today? If you *need* a phone, get the iPhone 4 now.

If you *need* unlimited data, you know that you're going to use 5GB of data every month, so getting it for $30/mo rather than $55/mo (due to overages), can you buy the cheapest smartphone they've got to get this plan? Then upgrade to the iPhone 5 this summer?

But I wonder if you really need unlimited data. You've got an iPod Touch, so you do alright with wifi access only. Why will you suddenly need 5+ GB of data each month over cell?

5. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

1. If you got the $$ and willing to spend it get the iphone 4 in Feb... and the next version whenever it comes out.

2. If you got the $$ and don't want to spend it, wait for the next version..

3. If you want to get the iphone now, get it in Feb. and skip the next generation.

It is pretty simple really...

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

7. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

What do you think a CDMA iPhone could sell for? I know I prob can get $500 for my gsm iPhone.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I am SO glad I decided to make 2008, 2010, and 2012 the years I'll buy a new iPhone.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help, but I guess I'm kind of agreeing with you that the situation sucks. Anyone who wants to buy an iPhone in the first half of 2011 is in a really tough spot.