What to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sugarray3000, Apr 18, 2012.

  1. sugarray3000 macrumors member

    Mar 7, 2009
    Hey guys - I'v just got a brand new IP4, 32gb from Apple because the old one had an defect. My question is -
    1) Should I try to sell it and buy a new IP4S, 32gb. ???
    2)should i just keep it and sell it when the next generation of iphone enter the marked??

    Which solution would make me lose less money - ?? And what would you do???

  2. Macman45 macrumors G5


    Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    I think what you are asking is what's the best "Future Proof" move? If it was me, I'd sell it while it still retains some value. When the 5 is released you are going to be better of with a 4S in your hand than a 4.
  3. apple4kim macrumors member


    Apr 12, 2012
    wild wild west
    always keep the newest, as the value of electronics drops quickly over times.
  4. sugarray3000 thread starter macrumors member

    Mar 7, 2009

    Yea i know that - but even my IP4 is still int the box i will lose some money on selling it to a private person. After that i have to use maybe +100$ more to get the IP4s - so you think thats worth it when i am planning to sell around sep?.
  5. Ray- macrumors regular


    Apr 18, 2012
    Well one thing with iPhones is that overall they actually have excellent resell value compared to phones from the Android camp.

    As for your question, if I were you, I wouldn't sell the 4 to get a 4S. The differences are minor, no one really actually uses Siri IRL, and I find the 4 gets slightly better battery life in real world use. Unless there's some killer app you need a 4S for (which I can't really think of any right now), the 4 should well hold you over to until the 5.
  6. sugarray3000 thread starter macrumors member

    Mar 7, 2009
    Thanks guys - just made me more unsure :)

    Anyone else has something to add???

Share This Page