What to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sugarray3000, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sugarray3000 macrumors member

Hey guys - I'v just got a brand new IP4, 32gb from Apple because the old one had an defect. My question is -
    1) Should I try to sell it and buy a new IP4S, 32gb. ???
    OR
    2)should i just keep it and sell it when the next generation of iphone enter the marked??

Which solution would make me lose less money - ?? And what would you do???

Thanks

2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I think what you are asking is what's the best "Future Proof" move? If it was me, I'd sell it while it still retains some value. When the 5 is released you are going to be better of with a 4S in your hand than a 4.

3. apple4kim macrumors member

apple4kim

always keep the newest, as the value of electronics drops quickly over times.

4. sugarray3000 thread starter macrumors member

..hmm..

Yea i know that - but even my IP4 is still int the box i will lose some money on selling it to a private person. After that i have to use maybe +100$ more to get the IP4s - so you think thats worth it when i am planning to sell around sep?.

5. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

Well one thing with iPhones is that overall they actually have excellent resell value compared to phones from the Android camp.

As for your question, if I were you, I wouldn't sell the 4 to get a 4S. The differences are minor, no one really actually uses Siri IRL, and I find the 4 gets slightly better battery life in real world use. Unless there's some killer app you need a 4S for (which I can't really think of any right now), the 4 should well hold you over to until the 5.

6. sugarray3000 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys - just made me more unsure :)

Anyone else has something to add???