What to do?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duncanator, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

So I have the iPhone 7 Matte Black 256 GB model. I LOVE the phone. I came from the iPhone 6S Plus and got used to that size phone though so I am contemplating going back. A store 1 hour away from me has the 7 Plus Matte Black 256 GB model in stock. Since I got my 7 from a retailer I have to return it and then hope they have the corporate store has the 7 Plus when I get there as they cannot reserve it for me. Do I risk it or not?

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Perhaps purchase the new iPhone first then return the other one?

3. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

I asked if I could but they said I would have to open a new line on my account. He told me to return my current one first then buy the Plus. He then said it is a risk and asked if I was willing to try it.

4. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

If you still have the 6S+ you can use that, not that much of a difference anyway, and go for it. The matt black 7+ will come by sooner or later. Or you can keep the cash and invest it in what will hopefully be a true upgrade from the 6S(+). Really not that risky at all.

5. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

I should have kept it but already shipped it back to Verizon since we are switching from AT&T to Verizon. Oh well. I'll keep the 7 and upgrade to the Plus model next year when they celebrate a 10th anniversary.

6. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

And the good thing is you get to experience the smaller one for a year first hand. So next year you will know what to go for.

7. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Indeed. I truly do enjoy the regular 7 but I think my issue is adjusting. After having the 6S+ for a year I became used to it and am having trouble adjusting to the smaller phone. Heck who knows I may adjust and end up loving it for than the Plus model. Time will tell.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

More power to you! I don't think I could go back to the regular 7.

9. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

Saves you money this year and maybe next year also. It's a win win situation :cool:.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2016 ---
    It's a year. That's all. You'll get over it. Regular one is more in demand too so it's probably easier to sell.

10. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Definitely different but I am enjoying what the phone has to offer.

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It's definitely easier to hold that's for sure.

12. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The 7 Plus Matte Black would be my go to. If you can handle the sheer size, then it would be worth it in my opinion.

13. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Absolutely! So much easier to hold. Much more manageable on a day to day basis. I just miss the screen real estate. I could care less about the dual camera and such. I just miss the bigger screen. Lol

14. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

The screen is definitely the hardest to give up. But now the camera is a must have for me.

15. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

If I took a lot of pictures it would be a must have as well. Luckily my wife is the one who takes the pictures lol oh well.

16. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Lol exactly the opposite here. I love taking pictures and am usually the one who remembers to take them!

17. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I just returned my regular u today and now have to wait for my plus to arrive in 4 weeks... I'm a bit afraid of the size, the more I read... I only had a regular 6s before and right now.
    I really hope it will be manageable, as I want this camera and the screen! The regular jb7 seemed oddly small to me in the few days that I had it. Very strange.

18. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

I ended up going to my local Verizon. They had just got a Matte Black 128 GB 7+. I ended up doing an exchange and now back to what I am used to!

19. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

Good for you! 128 gb is fine. Enjoy the plus size!