Ok, I'm going to buy a MacBook Pro in the next week. What I need are thoughts on what else to do. I recently (as in, three weeks ago) built a brand new PC (high end AMD processor, super fast, etc), that I'm going to sell at cost for me. After this, I'll have no desktop. My options are basically either: Buy a 17' MBP and leave it at that (I currently have a two generation old Mac Mini) Buy a 15' MBP and get a cheap desktop Buy a 15' MBP and get an iMac The confusion sets in because I need to run Windows; I can do most stuff I need to do in OSX, but I have to run several performance hog Windows programs for several programming classes I am in. The other issue is I need to get the MBP as soon as possible, and I'm not sure how long I should wait for a newer model of the MBP. I know there are tons of rumours about there about the new models, and I'll be sick if I buy a MBP and the new one comes out almost immediately after. Since I'm a student and I get the free iPod/printer, I don't want to wait until later than September 16th, but at the same time, as I said, I know I'll lose that promotion when the new MBP comes out. Anybody have thoughts?