what to do

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by monim, Dec 29, 2009.

1. monim macrumors newbie

I just got my Canon Pixma 5000 printer back from cleaning and servicing and am using my second 5000 now and will continue to use it until it has problems. I want to store the serviced unit for about a year and thought that since I am inept at cleaning the head, purging etc., that I would simply take the print head out and as well the cartridges and buy a new print head and put it in at the time of use.
    I saw a similar query, but more about a purchase of this unit by a member a few years back and a Canon Rep who participates regularly in Mac Rumors replied.
    I am hoping that this member "Prelude2Tragedy" might reply to this and advise of what I should do as I don't want to ruin this excellent printer.
    I look forward to comments.
    Thank you for your time, I am new here.
    BTW, I am not into 'instant messaging' which the member described above shows in his/her profile otherwise I guess I could have sent a PM.
    Thank you.
    The thread that this member posted a reply to was back in 2005.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Well, welcome to MacRumors. It's a nice enough community, but it helps if you play by the rules of etiquette a bit.

This isn't the place for leaving personals ads. If you want to talk to someone, talk to them. Don't confuse PM (personal message) with IM (instant message). PMs are basically emails between users on a forum. That's the medium to go for. It is extremely unlikely that the member you mention will read this and respond to your query, if they're even still here. It's a big forum.

Personally, I don't like it when people message me with specific questions. If I don't know the answer, the sender then has to go to the forum (or to another member), repeat the question, and include what I said to try if I did any troubleshooting. If I can answer the question, doing so via messages means that other people with the same problem can't search the forum to find my clever solution.

On a couple of more general notes, it really helps us if you can leave a descriptive subject that actually in some way reflects the contents of the thread. I read every thread on this board with no replies or to which I have replied in the past, but most people only read and reply to the ones that concern them or (on the help boards) which they may be able to help with. Not everyone has my mad procrastinating skills.

If you refer to another thread or webpage, it's polite to provide a link to it so we don't have to go digging around trying to find it. Better yet, if you have the same problem as is described in a thread that you happened to come up with in a search, you can respond to the thread and ask for clarification if necessary.

And on that note, I'm going to bed.

3. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I looked up Prelude2Tragedy's user profile and he/she is still active (visited yesterday). Send them a PM.