Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edgecrusherr

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2006
We should also get released dates for all new OSes. That’s what I’m waiting for, more than any hardware at this point (except any possible M3 products, which I don’t think will happen at this event).

AndyUnderscoreR

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
No mention of the potential for new monitors. Dell have had an 8k monitor for 5 years now, and Apple would do well to brush that $999 monitor stand debacle under the carpet.

solq

Suspended
Sep 9, 2022
I won't argue, but just observe that we laugh at ourselves too. European Hell: English do the food, French do the diplomacy, Germans tell the jokes, Italians do the administration ...
Remind me, European heaven was:

- the police are British
- the chefs are French
- the lovers are Italian
- the mechanics are German
- everything is run by the Swiss

And European hell:

- the chefs are British
- the mechanics are French
- the lovers are Swiss
- the police is German
- everything is run by the Italians

corinthos

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2018
Are you ready for your titanium iPhone with the thinnest bezels ever, usb-c, possibly an action button, usb-c, possibly longer iphone, usb-c, and a new 3nm chip?

• Haha
Reactions: Torty

carloslegarda

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
The invite looks like an Apple wearing a Vision Pro so I think they will at least mention the Vision Pro or at least Vision OS.

I would only buy a USB C case for AirPods Pro 2 if I owned a pair of AirPods Pro 2 and if I had lost the original case but still had the earbuds.

I am tempted to buy an iPhone 15 Pro and upgrade from my iPhone 11 Pro but I'll have to see if I feel the new features are worth it.

I'm also interested in upgrading my Apple Watch Series 3 so I'm curious as to what the series 9 is like and the Ultra 2. If they had a smaller sized Ultra 2 in a darker color then I'd be more inclined to get one.

dcell

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
I actually just started dating someone who not only is still rocking her 6, she just had Apple replace the battery!

I also still use a 6 but as a secondary phone next to my 12 Pro :cool: battery was replaced 2 years ago though.

Reactions: abatabia

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I wouldn’t be surprised if the standard models are released September 22 and the Pro’s two weeks later on October 6. I hope I’m wrong but I got that feeling. They did that with the iPhone 12.

Apple Event Important Dates

(iPhone + iOS 17)

1694303050591.png

Reactions: svish

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
I got my first Apple Watch, the series six, pretty much for free via health insurance bonus points. The points disappear after three years so I am pretty much doomed to get a free one with this iteration as well. I have no idea what changed since I got mine, but I love having it.

So 7 had bigger displays, 8 has the Temperatur monitoring (only for women?) and 9 will likely only bring a better chip?
wont they just move on to X since the original watch was nut numbered?

d686546s

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2021
I just can't get excited about iPhone events like I used to. Most new stuff is just a slight iterative upgrade over last year's stuff, which btw I'm not complaining about since the smartphones are a mature product category, but it's equally boring to watch.

At the same time, any really new things are now solely reserved for the Pro at a hefty price, so as a regular iPhone user there's nothing there.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I just can't get excited about iPhone events like I used to. Most new stuff is just a slight iterative upgrade over last year's stuff, which btw I'm not complaining about since the smartphones are a mature product category, but it's equally boring to watch.

At the same time, any really new things are now solely reserved for the Pro at a hefty price, so as a regular iPhone user there's nothing there.
That’s the reason for some people, worthy upgrade is every 3-4 years.

Flight Plan

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2014
Southeastern US
Am I the only one who thinks this looks pretty boring? Hoping I'm wrong, but if these are the only upgrades, this event could be a bit of a yawn...
You should celebrate Taco Tuesday instead. We wouldn’t want you t be yawning, fall asleep, and crash in a ditch or anything!
No, stay on 6 for as long as you possibly can.
He should go to a 5. I’d be impressed wit that.
You watch, in two or three years USB-D will come out and the EU will force Apple to provide USB-D.
Why should technology standards be set by governments who have no idea how anything works. :rolleyes:
You will own nothing. And you will like it.
For specs bumps? I mean I know USB C is a nce thing, but off the chart excitement?
If you are easily bored, you should go out with mvdrl for Taco Tuesday.
That ain’t happenin! The thinness is almost a mantra at this point.
Thinness is a religion. You can believe. Or not.
Looking forward to seeing the new iPhones, especially the Pro Max with the periscope zoom
But will I be able to fit a periscope in my pocket? And won’t I get arrested for that?
I’d wait. 🤪
That’s got to be some kind of record…waiting 9 versions?
10 years ago. Apple in 2013 was something else. Simpler Times! 🕰️

View attachment 2257134
Purty colors!
I hope so, but I have been rocking the 13 since release and still see no reason to update.
Maybe I am getting old, but I can’t envision a feature that would make me say I want it from day one.

I used to change iPhone every year, the 13 it’s the first that is now 2 years old.

Tried the 14 but there is really no difference.
I’m on 12 pro Max and I’m ready to upgrade. But might still wait for 16 to arrive. If you’re not thrilled, then don’t upgrade. Stop the madness and get off the merry-go-round.
i admire your resilience of holding onto your iPhone 6.
Resilient like a concrete street!
I actually just started dating someone who not only is still rocking her 6, she just had Apple replace the battery!
Then you two are a match made in heaven. Don’t let this one get away!
No EU interventions 😆
I agree. Governments don’t make good decisions. We should stop the madness.
We Europeans have just voted in 27 countries and decided that from now on only organic fruit would be called "apple", and not some strange magical devices. Americans need to eat healthier, we are here to help.
You will have nothing. And you will like it.
This is satire ...

Europeans like to tease about American use of language ...
It’s cool. Some of us ‘Muricans only respect you if you’re willing to t’row down with us. ;)
Making fun of cultures is not funny.
You’re kidding. It’s downright HILARIOUS! You should try it sometime. Laughter releases endorphins, which help you have better BMs and get better sleep at night. Seriously!
I won't argue, but just observe that we laugh at ourselves too. European Hell: English do the food, French do the diplomacy, Germans tell the jokes, Italians do the administration ...
That’s super funny! People should unclench and just laugh out loud more often, don’t ya think?

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
You should celebrate Taco Tuesday instead. We wouldn’t want you t be yawning, fall asleep, and crash in a ditch or anything!

But will I be able to fit a periscope in my pocket? And won’t I get arrested for that?

Purty colors!

I’m on 12 pro Max and I’m ready to upgrade. But might still wait for 16 to arrive. If you’re not thrilled, then don’t upgrade. Stop the madness and get off the merry-go-round.

It’s cool. Some of us ‘Muricans only respect you if you’re willing to t’row down with us. ;)

You’re kidding. It’s downright HILARIOUS! You should try it sometime. Laughter releases endorphins, which help you have better BMs and get better sleep at night. Seriously!

That’s super funny! People should unclench and just laugh out loud more often, don’t ya think?
funny.....you wasted space.

TheMountainLife

macrumors regular
May 24, 2015
I hope the 15 has better heat management. Multitasking while using wired/wireless CarPlay makes the phone unusable. I even had the screen dim while going through TSA which made my mobile boarding pass hard to scan. I never experience this with other phone brands.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
The leaked transcript doesn't lie...maybe they'll slip something exciting in at the last minute 🙃

One More Thing​

• 11:35: The screen darkens, and then we’re back with Jeff Williams. He’s talking about Lightning, which he calls “the strongest and bravest and fastest and most secure proprietary connection standard in the world.” (We call it the little iPhone port that could.)
  • 11:36: Sometimes, Williams says, you need to show courage. “The same courage as the noble stag being chased by cowardly bureaucrats trying to impose short-sighted regulations.”
  • 11:37: Which is why, he says, we’re proud to announce a brand-new standard. It’s called “Apple Port.”
  • 11:39: Apple Port is as fast and secure as USB-C, and has been carefully designed to be compatible with all USB-C products made by the “lesser and weaker companies sniffing around our revenue streams.”
  • 11:40: Apple went so far as to make Apple Port look exactly the same as USB-C so that users won’t be confused.
=======
I thought this one was probably too close to the mark. 🤣

yabeweb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2021

Purty colors!

Easily bored? For as speed bump?
I mean I would say some get easily excited.
I am curious why people are excited about a speed bump, I can understand USBC making thing a little easier (mostly for travelers, we ara talking about 1 cable not the end of the world….and many are using a wireless charger anyway).

A better camera yayyy…like we really need more than we already have, its nice to see improvement but exciting?

A faster CPU/GPU, well that’s A game changer……..

The rumored lack of mute button For me is more of a downgrade (but that’s just me).

So better camera, faster cpu and a new port for charging…… if that’s not boring I don’t know what it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.