What to expect in the next Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Punkwaffle, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

So my 2006 Macbook is on its last legs and I'm itching to get a new Macbook Pro. I think I can wait it out until the next revisions come out. Other than faster processors, what can I realistically expect to see in the next update?

I already know I want to go with at least a 256GB SSD whether it's standard or BTO- but what else?

I'm hoping for USB 3.0,, but is it too soon? What else will be different?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Rumor has it that there will be a unicorn tracker in the next MBP. The unicorn wavelength requires a special antenna that Apple engineers spent years developing.

4. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

You forgot the built-in magical fairy dust coefficient calculator - now you don't have to guess about how much magic is really in these computers! :D

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That was supposed to be a secret!!! Now that you've ruined it, they'll have to delay any updates for another year! :D

6. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I would imagine they will finally add USB 3.0 support and maybe a larger stock HDD. Can't imagine they will add much else until late 2010/early 2011.

7. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

Mods can you please make a sticky about this. This tread come up about 10 times a day. It just clutters the board. Name it Next Gen MBP speculation of something.

8. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately this project has been delayed for quite some time since they touched the antenna in the wrong place.

In all seriousness, you'll notice a huge update with sandy bridge from your current setup, but i'm more interested in Ivy Bridge when we will actually get quad core MBP's. I highly doubt apple will throw a quad core sandy bridge in. I think the next rev will be sandy bridge, and then the refresh MBP's after that will have ivy bridge in them since supposedly ivy bridge will be available as early as 2H 2011.