What to expect on July 11th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigD58, Jun 19, 2008.

1. BigD58 macrumors regular

Okay so we all remember/experienced the original iPhone release, long lines and running out of stock..So now that the iPhone 3G is coming do you think it will be the same (long lines) as last time? Just curious because im debating going to the apple store on July 11th or waiting a couple days. Tell me what you think.:cool:

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I will be waiting a few days. There are some nice upgrade features over the current iPhone but I want to told the new iPhone first and play around with it.

As for what to expect. Probably a load of people complaining about the usual:

I can't send MMS or record videos. The usual stuff of people buying products before doing a full product review and research into something that they are going to lay over £100 and contract on.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

This question has been asked several times already.

I think the only thing that would contribute to long lines would be the in-store activation, other than that there should be plenty of phones.

4. oldschooldude macrumors regular

For what its worth, just earlier today I found out that the iphone will be available in ONLY 2 STORES in my area (Kansas City, MO).

I hope the sales of the iphone start BEFORE 6pm on 7/11. I believe there will be plenty of iphones available that day, but I believe the lines at both stores (one is an Apple store, the other AT&T) will be long and it will take some time to serve all the people in those lines.

5. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

I expect to be avoiding the mass negativity and fanboy trolling that is going to be plaguing any forum dedicated to the iPhone. I thoroughly enjoy public forum posting and debating, but I think I am going to take a good 2 months off from all iPhone forums starting July 10th...

As for the stores? Lots of impatient people standing in lines for far too long because of the new activation process, some arguing with At&t/Apple employees over pricing because they didn't do their research prior to spending 3 hours in line, etc. You know, the usual.