What to expect? - rMBP 2nd gen

Hiro!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Obviously Haswell brings with it better integrated graphics, so that could perhaps solve UI stuttering when just using integrated graphics, but what else can we expect?

SSD prices should continue to fall, but what exactly can Apple do to improve the Retina MacBook Pro?

Maybe larger storage as standard?

I think if the lag/stuttering is sorted, it would be pretty much perfect.

Rocky244

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
Obviously Haswell brings with it better integrated graphics, so that could perhaps solve UI stuttering when just using integrated graphics, but what else can we expect?

SSD prices should continue to fall, but what exactly can Apple do to improve the Retina MacBook Pro?

Maybe larger storage as standard?

I think if the lag/stuttering is sorted, it would be pretty much perfect.
Are you asking if Apple is going to spec bump their flagship computer in the future?

No. Unheard of.

Furifo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
IMO I think we will see incremental upgrades, similar to what we've been seeing on the cMBP for some years now. I'm expecting:
- Haswell
- Faster discrete graphics
- Possibly larger storage on the base model
- I think Apple will keep 8gb ram as stock to try and get people to customise 16gb on the BTO options/upgrade to the high end model (although you could use the same argument regarding the storage capacity on the base model)

I've tried out a rMBP in an Apple store and I'd LOVE to have one. I can't afford one right now but I may have the funds available by the time the 2nd gen one is released. All, in all, I'm excited for the 2nd gen :)