What to expect when buying from the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WalkingSnake, May 14, 2011.

1. WalkingSnake macrumors member

I tried searching but didn't have much luck. If there's a thread on this already, just point me in the right direction. :)

So I plan to buy an iPad 2 from the Apple Store sometime soon... I plan to get there before they open, but I'd like to know what to expect. Do they still hand out tickets? Do shipments arrive every day?

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

expect lots of teenagers tying up all the products and wasting everyone's time on facebook

3. iLucas macrumors 6502

Expect lots of people.
    I've only been to 2 apple stores and there was not a recent release either time and they were still crowded.

4. WalkingSnake thread starter macrumors member

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

U forgot about the teenage girls taking photos on the webcams.

6. Built macrumors 68020

It probably will be. MOST Apple Stores are well-adapted to crowd control. :) I have only read of a few clusterf***s here or there. Otherwise, it is usually a very civilized process.

Even though I have a lot of experience with Apple Stores, the other day was the first time I ever stood in line for a product and the first time I ever went through the "ticket" process. I waited a couple of months to get my first 2 iphones (after the furor died down); was one of the lucky ones who got to order my iPhone 4 online (which they delivered the day before launch day last year); and waited a couple of months initially to get my iPad 1. I couldn't wait any longer to get my iPad 2, and figured I would just stop at the store on my way to the gym. :)

Frankly, I am really happy they handed out the tickets...and even before they did, the personnel treated me very well. When I got there after 0600, the only people in the store were security guards, cleaning personnel and a couple of employees. Even the security guard was awesome, coming out to check on me, and to tell me about the process they follow once they begin handing out tickets.

All in all, a VERY positive experience...and this is from a person that HATES waiting in line and will avoid them at all cost.

Hope your experience goes as smoothly. I am sure it will.

7. ctsoxfan macrumors member

Damn, I was going to give the exact same reply! Well done! (And sadly very true).

8. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

I walked in yesterday and walked out with an iPad 2 in 10 minutes. The one thing that was a little weird was that they guy opened my iPad without asking me and started to help me set it up. Do you think this was some way that they are trying to prevent ppl from selling sealed iPads online for more money?