What to export from FCE for a Widows Powerpoint presentation?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TrainingMovie, Jul 8, 2009.

1. TrainingMovie macrumors newbie

Dear all,

my apologies, but companywide we have to use Windows/PPT.

We got equipment for production of training movies (ah, that's why
    I chose that name.... :D), code them to H.264 and on Wildows it runs
    perfectly with VLC.

But we need to have those clips also in PPT. I learned, that PPT is working
    with wmv, avi and mpeg-1. For mpeg-1 it should run extremely well.

I encoded to mpeg-1 at the desired resolution (using FFmpgX and respective software) and it runs very smooth - but the resolution is not sufficient.
    I exported some avi files - played with the settings - no good result. Sometimes complete loss of image.

Is there any good approach to transport the resolution a Canon HF S 10 delivers into PPT and make it work reliably?

I would like to have maximum resolution for the PPT and a run without stuttering - like the VLC stand alone. (The ActiveX control for VLC is not working properly.)

Thanks a lot for the help,
    cheers,
    kaechen:apple:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Unless you are deliberately using Windows-only technology like VBA and ActiveX, then PowerPoint presentations are cross-platform. If the computer used to make the presentation has Quicktime installed on your Windows computer, then QuickTime-compatible formats will be supported in PowerPoint.

Having said that, PowerPoint presentations don't travel well even between two Windows computers. It is always a good idea to do final editing on your presentation computer. Otherwise, you will endure a few gotcha's.

3. TrainingMovie thread starter macrumors newbie

Mov does not play in powerpoint

Hi,
    thanks for the reply. I have QT on my windows computer, VLC also. The mov files from the Mac simply do not show in the ppt.

I do insert them onto the page using the insert - movie - buttons in ppt.

Are you really sure? What do I do wrong?

For editing on the presentation computer - you are totally right.

Thanks,
    cheers,
    kaechen:apple:

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

I recommend buying Flip4MacStudio Pro ( or which ever version fits your budget/needs ). You can export to WMV videos that way.

Good luck!