What to get? Griffin Wave or SwitchEasy Rebel?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ratboy.90, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ratboy.90 macrumors newbie

right now i have the griffin wave case but am thinking about returning it and getting the switcheasy rebel case. Which one would you guys recommend?

2. Cask Guest

Return the Wave Case!!!! After two weeks of use it scratched the hell out of my poor iPhone 3G (back and chrome). Don't know about the other case but wave case is no good.

3. slapppy macrumors 65816

Use the Neo instead. If you don't mind that logo keeping from being flat, its a much better case than the Rebel.

4. ratboy.90 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Jayrezzy macrumors newbie

Deff. go with the capsule rebel. I love mine.

6. ratboy.90 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't get the neo anywhere in my area. don't want to wait and order it either. ill probably just get the rebel then

7. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

If you are getting a case to prevent your phone from getting scratched I would advice against the Capsule Rebel.... I used one for 2 weeks... Took it off every charge cycle (2 days) and cleaned it and my phone really well... after only 2 weeks my bezel was scratched up.... the edge that sits on the chrome bezel is almost sharp enough to give you a paper cut...

8. mr-macintosh macrumors member

I'd def go with a switcheasy product either the rebel or the neo super great cases I have the olive rebel that I'm tryin to sell or trade and both neo's god I love me a NEO

9. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Must have been a bad cut Rebel because mine never did that. I switch between the Neo and the Rebel. One is more "radical" and the other is more "executive"

10. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

actually I'm not the only one who's experienced scratches due to the Rebel... there's 3 youtube reviewers who have experienced it as well as numerous others...

Switcheasy is a great company that gives A LOT for what you pay... The rebel would be my 2nd favorite case if it didn't have fitment issues... mine sags on the bottom and doesn't fit properly around the volume rocker... Also I wish they would make the spin more scratch resistant... I never even placed it on a hard surface and it looked as if I had dragged it across asphalt

11. ratboy.90 thread starter macrumors newbie

i couldnt resist. i got both the rebel and the wave cases. now i dont know which one to use