What to learn next?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by jackhdev, May 16, 2012.

1. jackhdev, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012

jackhdev macrumors 6502

I got all of my certifications for Mac server, and this summer I am going to learn about another server OS (I'm still in high school, so I have lots of time). Do you think it is better to learn about Linux or Windows, especially if I want to get a job next summer? Windows is of course more popular than Linux and Windows servers will be used to manage Windows computers (and web, exchange, etc. while you're at it), but any technological company/enthusiast often uses Linux. Which should I choose? Thanks.

2. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

You will hear a lot of opinions, some valid, some insane, some valuable, some useless. My only suggestion is since you do indeed have time, pick the one you WANT to learn, and save the other for later. As far as I see (being in the tech biz) is that job opportunities are ripe for both those, and not so much for OS X server... which appears to be on quite a steep decline.
    Good luck, and glad to see you're not wasting your youth on trivial crap. (But you CAN if you want to as it's none of my business)