All iPads What to purchase!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 812robinc, Sep 14, 2013.

1. 812robinc macrumors newbie

I have an 80 year old mother that just had open heart surgery.........I think she would enjoy playing certain games but I also think she would like Facebook. Her children and grandchildren are on Facebook. She likes seeing other peoples business. Lol!!!! She will not do emails, she might shop on web. If I want an inexpensive device that can do games, Facebook, and maybe search web am I needing an iPad mini or would a kindle fire handle this???

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

She'd be served well with a kindle fire or an iPad mini. Save your cash.

3. 812robinc thread starter macrumors newbie

What to purchase.....will a kindle fire allow her the Internet and Facebook???

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

iPad mini should be better for web browsing.
    Just use google, search and decide.

My grandma is almost 87 and she doesn't know how to handle computers, but she knows how to answers skype calls on my mothers touchscreen laptop and the iPhones since she just presses the green button. The easier the app for her to use the better.

5. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

7. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

The iPad 5 when it's released - slightly smaller form, much lighter than the current 2/3/4 and she'll appreciate the larger screen - if you can afford it. Otherwise, the mini - maybe hold off and see if it goes retina first.. Either way you could probably find a decent second hand one. Go 32GB. You won't regret it..