Price Advice What to sell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by OskarWillems, Apr 3, 2012.

1. OskarWillems macrumors newbie

Hi all peops!

I'm in a situation where I really need money to other stuff than just Apple ;) (Clothes, accessories and so on...)

Therefore i'm planning to sell some of my stuff so I can get more money and because I think i can work without some of my stuff.

I'm going to a kind of High school-college next three years (from summer).. So what do you think I will do best with?

My solutions are:

1) Sell iMac, keep MacBook (White, 13 inch, late 2009), keep iPad 2 (16 gb).
    2) Sell iMac + iPad and keep my MacBook only.
    3) Sell MacBook, keep iPad and iMac.
    4) Sell iPad, keep MacBook and iMac.

I will get following money out by selling (Prices in my country)

Solution 1) Approx 1.400 US dollars
    Solution 2) Approx 1.800 US dollars
    Solution 3) Approx 800-900 US dollars
    Solution 4) Approx 400 US dollars

I do a lot of photography and love to have large space for my photos, i do a lot of browsing (facebook and so), and write some documents too (Especially in school).

I'm also thinking about - if I sell my iMac - to buy a new Mac laptop (instead of my MacBook - maybe a MBP 15, MBP 13 or MBA 13).

Finally, what do you think is the best option for me? It's mostly a matter of priority and make the most manageable for me and also how I can get more money to other fun stuff too!

Thanks in advance :)

2. OskarWillems thread starter macrumors newbie

3. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Keep the Macbook as you'll more than likely be more mobile as a student?

I'd use the white book to its death as a student as it'll be less of a worry than a shiny 15 Macbook Pro, when you finish your studies you'll have a Macbook thats seen you through and appreciate your next product all the more.

4. OskarWillems thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it very much!

- So you mean that I should keep my MacBook (white, late 2009) and sell what?

(Btw.. I do also have an iPhone 4, but i don't know how much that helps)

5. beach bum macrumors member

beach bum

I would sell everything but the macbook to maximize your financial intake. The macbook should see you through your schooling and you can then upgrade when the macbook no longer works for you. Since your iphone 4 was not in your list of what to sell, I would keep - it can somewhat take the place of the ipad.

6. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

Sell everything... Use school equipment or borrow from family/friends

7. OskarWillems thread starter macrumors newbie

To sell everything is very unlikely... I need at least a 'kind of computer' + my iPhone.

----------

But.. To sell iMac and iPad could be fine. Although i love the capability about the iPad - when i'm traveling around.

Maybe it's just a 'luxury-problem' and I just need to be used to take my MacBook with me instead - it's just so "heavy" to the iPad :/

8. OskarWillems thread starter macrumors newbie

9. hafr macrumors 68030

Considering the info you've given, I would keep the iMac and get a keyboard for the iPad. That way you'll be able to use the iPad for typing documents in school, keep the ultra portability and still have a powerful machine with a big screen for your photo editing...

10. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Solution 2... sell the iPad/iMac and keep the MacBook.

I used a 2006 CD MacBook for my last couple of years in college and it was great. I can only imagine how much easier it would've been with the newer models.

It'll also help to keep everything in one place. I know just using USB drives, there were a few times one version of a project was on the USB drive that was at home while an older version was on my MacBook with me. Having 3 different devices could be worse.