What to send back?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macvy Ricky, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Macvy Ricky macrumors member

I just received my replacment macbook pro. I was wondering what all do I need to send back. Can I keep the charger?

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I'd call Apple to be sure. You don't want to get charged extra.

3. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

I had a replacement for a problem macbook and all I needed to turn in was the computer. I got to keep the power cable and the restore dvds.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I second talking to them- but I imagine they say the entire thing including charger. How old is it? If it is old you may be able to talk them into keeping it. If new they may want to use it for refurbished (if they even do that) Perhaps they always replace the power cord anyway.

good luck with the new one and getting a free power cord.

5. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I had a Macbook replaced after one week of purchase. It was actually right when the uMB released...

The techie took my compy, and brought out a new retail boxed one and handed me the box... I got to keep all new everything!

What did stupid me do? Brought my original retail box/charger and OFFERED them to him. Grrrrr... I could have had a second charger kickin' around. Given that I take my MB everywhere, it would have been nice to have one ALWAYS plugged in at my desk and one ALWAYS in my backpack...

I would chance keeping it. I doubt Apple expects/wants it back. They wouldn't have asked for mine had I not offered it up. -_-