HomePod What to stand HomePod on ?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by konicky, Feb 21, 2018.

1. konicky macrumors regular

Most of my surfaces are wood so I want to avoid any marking by standing the HomePod on something. Any idea what the best thing would be for optimum sound quality? Slate or glass coaster perhaps ?

Do you think that Apple will redesign this so a HomePod bought in a few months time won't have the issue or did they know about the problem but go with the silicone anyway because it gave the best sound quality?

2. Kurri macrumors 6502

A little off topic maybe but doesn't the google max come with a pad it sits on so it doesn't leave a ring? Maybe they will release some pad or something

3. Buerkletucson macrumors 6502

Buerkletucson

I use a very thin ceramic coaster.......works well and don't notice any sound difference.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple isn’t going to release anything to be underneath the HomePod. They already addressed it by stating that it can be cleaned if it does leave behind any white marks, use a quilted type coaster or simply put on a surface that does not have an effect on the wood.