What to take in for the upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Glene, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Glene macrumors 6502

has anybody seen any text or instruction for what you need to take in when you do the upgrade at the Apple store? Do you need to re-create the cord, plug and or headphones when you turn your phone in? Or Are they just looking for the old phone?

2. nycxaxez macrumors member

That's actually a good question that I hadn't thought of until I saw this - if you're on the iPhone Upgrade Program, do you get to keep the accessories that come with the phone? Free earphones and charger every year. The earphones, I could care less. Having another charger, on the other hand, is something I'd never say no to.

3. PieTunes macrumors 6502

PieTunes

Good question. The only specifics I can find regarding what to bring in, according to the IUP T&Cs, says the following:

1. Prompt Return of Financed iPhone. If you exercise your Upgrade Option and do not return your original Financed iPhone as directed by Apple within 14 days, your original Installment Loan will be reinstated and you will be responsible for any missed and/or remaining installment payments, as well as any installment payments under your New Installment Loan.
    1. Condition of Financed iPhone when Exercising your Upgrade Option. As noted above, your Financed iPhone must be in good physical and operational condition when exercising your Upgrade Option as determined solely by Apple or Apple’s trade-in service provider (“Trade-In Service Provider”). For a Financed iPhone to be considered in good physical and operational condition, the Financed iPhone must:
      • Power on and hold a charge;
      • Have an intact and functioning display;
      • Have no breaks or cracks; and
      • Have Activation Lock disabled (you may be asked to disable at the time of upgrade).
      If exercising your Upgrade Option via apple.com, you must also remove the SIM card prior to returning the original Financed iPhone.
    No mention of packaging or accessories, I think they just care that the phone itself is working.

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Phone only. Nothin else. Remove all accessories. Disable iCloud.