Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Norseman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
I recently received a new 27" iMac. I would like opinions on what you guys would test on your new iMac? Are there certain programs you would run and some tests to put it through to make sure everything is working properly?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I recently received a new 27" iMac. I would like opinions on what you guys would test on your new iMac? Are there certain programs you would run and some tests to put it through to make sure everything is working properly?
There's no need. Just use it as you normally would. If you encounter any problem, you've got warranty coverage for a year.

DerekS

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
There's no need. Just use it as you normally would. If you encounter any problem, you've got warranty coverage for a year.

This is the best advice I've seen.

Also, consider getting AppleCare before the 1 year runs out - it is cheap, and if a display or hard drive goes out it will have paid for itself.

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
There is not much that you have to do.. I would generally look that there are no cosmetic damage, dead pixels and that the ram is fully functional.
Once done that there is not much else you need to do, sit and relax!

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States

Exactly!!

@OP, do yourself a huge favor, please??? Do not come here looking for trouble because that is what you are on your way to doing. As GGJstudios said, just use it normally. MR will drive you crazy with worries and you'll quickly become picky over nothing to a point that may not get any sleep.

J. Rab

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013

i know we shouldnt be looking for abnormalities -- but we only get so much time before we can do a "clean" replacement/swap if defective -- my biggest concern were the screen issues (e.g. yellow tinting, dead pixels, bleeding, etc). I went to this site:

http://imac.squeaked.com/test.php

I got lucky and no issues -- hopefully yours is the same -- good luck with your mac! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.