What to use to keep the glass clean?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chkenwing, Apr 20, 2010.

1. chkenwing macrumors regular

I'm looking into what is good to keep my MBP screen clean from residue such as saliva (from the dreaded coughs) and dirt.

What do you guys use to keep your screen free from residue? Do you guys use any solutions?

Would using a lint-free cloth (such as the ones made for wiping spectacles with) work?

2. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

I use the black cleaning cloth that comes with the computer. I've moistened it with a bit of water to help remove some persistent smudges, but it otherwise stays pretty clean. One of those Swiffer type duster things can also be helpful to keep the dust down.

http://www.swiffer.com/en_US/duster.do

3. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

i use eye glass cleaner and a eye glass cleaning cloth

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

A micro fiber cloth with a shot of Stoner's invisible glass cleaner. I've been using it on all of my displays for years and it works great.

6. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

7. zMudvayne macrumors member

Lint-free cloth and water. Otherwise... cover your mouth when you cough dude, gross.

8. ATC macrumors 6502a

+1.

Comes with its own microfiber cloth, it's the best screen cleaner I've ever used. Highly recommended. Seems expensive but you use very little of the fluid, so it lasts a long time.

9. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, I do cover my mouth when I cough, sometimes a few specs of mucus escapes!

10. jtara macrumors 65816

Kleer Screen micro-chamois and Novus #1. But it IS glass, and doesn't have a coating, so the glass polish isn't a bad idea.