What to use to ship internationally from the US?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Whorehay, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I'm thinking about selling my iPhone, so I'm guessing international buyers would be popular. What do you guys use to ship packages internationally?

Thanks!

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

As a buyer from Canada I can tell you what I always insist on that is the US Postal Service either the Priority or Express Mail International it has a reasonable brokerage fee to get the item through customs if you ever get charged it of $5 most times the packages will just arrive as if I bought the item in Canada and you don't even have to pay tax whereas UPS/Fedex basically all the courier companies you get hammered with at least a $40+ brokerage fee and are guaranteed to pay the taxes on that as well as your purchase price.

3. juanm macrumors 65816

With UPS/FEDEX, we'd have to pay taxes (VAT+import duty), no matter what, partly offsetting the €/$ exchange rate advantage. With USPS, I know that often, at least in Spain, it'll go through customs unnoticed. State this in your ad. Or if you send it thru UPS/FEDEX, you can declare a smaller amount ($100, for instance, would seem fair)

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Another vote for USPS instead of UPS or FedEx