Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wallraff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Hi.
I am going to San Francisco for three weeks in june this year. Someone who can suggest things to see and visit for a devoted mac user and half gadget-nerd like myself?

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Hi.
I am going to San Francisco for three weeks in june this year. Someone who can suggest things to see and visit for a devoted mac user and half gadget-nerd like myself?

If you're looking for a really tech-centric vacation, the first gadget you might need is a time machine to 2001.

Ditto going to Cupertino and visiting the Mothership if you can. While down that way, you might hit San Jose and see The Tech Museum.

For general geekiness in the city, you might try the Exploratorium or the new California Academy of Sciences. For the latter, go early on a weekday. It's been open five months, and still drawing large crowds. The 2009 RoboGames takes place June 12-14.

If you'd be interested in uniquely San Francisco sorts of events, the Haight Ashbury Street Fair is June 14th, and if you're in town towards the end of the month, the 2009 Pride Parade is June 28.

I'm sure there are other things I'm not thinking of. Sorry, I make a lousy tourguide.

wallraff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Thanks for those advices!

There might be something for the rest of the family aswell, like the fair. :)
Were staying until the 24th so sad we miss the prideparade :-(

BTW I saw some odd place in the MacHeads documentary, Digi barn, you know of other odd places? Digi barn seems like its closed all 2009.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.