General What tweaks do you want removed?

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
By that, I mean, What 3 tweaks would you like to see rendered obsolete by iOS 7, because they are in the stock OS? You can only choose 3, and they have to be reasonable ones that Apple MIGHT put in, not things like TetherMe.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
1. f.lux
2. BiteSMS (for Quick Reply/Quick Compose)
3. Callbar
This is exactly what I would say too. Only problem is, you need activator for both BiteSMS and CallBar! That makes 4 tweaks and I don't know about you but F.lux MUST remain on this list! ;)

Not an easy list to create that's for sure. I'd also really want NCSettings because I need quick access to my toggles. Use them daily.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Only 3 tweaks? I'll do my best to cut my list down to 3 categories of tweaks, and even then I wouldn't upgrade until iOS is jailbreakable for all the rest. But here goes:

1. Activator, including all the toggles, especially:
BrightVol
appslide
SpringFlash
SBSettings Toggles (especially rotation lock)
LastApp
Monocle

2. SBSettings, including all the toggles, especially:
Data
Rotation
Airplane

3. Web enhancements, especially:
FullScreen for Safari (love the customizable gestures)
Bookmarks+ for Safari
GridTab for Safari
Nitrous
PDF Printer for Safari
Platinum
Safari Download Enabler
Safari Upload Enabler (I wish this worked on iOS 6)
Tab+
Universal Video Downloader
Webscrollian
WiFi Passwords

Okay, that's 3 categories, and I haven't even mentioned 2 of my favorite tweaks, AskToCall and DisableNC+. And I think I still have 2 more major categories.

4. FolderEnhancer, alongside:
MultiIconMover
AlwaysClose
IconRotator (or SBRotator, which is not fully compatible with FE)
KillBackground

5. Keyboard tweaks, such as:
DismissMyKeyboard
SwipeSelection
SwipeShiftCaret
DeleteWord (or DeleteWorld, which is not yet iOS 6 ready)
ShowCase

I haven't even mentioned Attachments+ for Mail or AppStore Update Size yet, and I just realized I have a 6th category as well.

6. Visual customization, including:
FakeClockup
Prime
AntiTint
Emphasize
DietBar
DietBulletin
FullImage
PhotoInfo

And I still haven't listed AnyLockApp, Brightness Icons, and DisplayRecorder. Plus I kind of think native tethering is exactly the kind of thing Apple might suddenly insist upon with all its leverage against carriers, since they'd still be getting paid for the data anyway.

Well, that is way more than 3 tweaks, and I have plenty of others not listed. So, I guess I am terrible at this thread. I am truly the worst.

tl;dr
Dear Apple, please hire Ryan Petrich as your Chief Executive of iOS Features.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
This is exactly what I would say too. Only problem is, you need activator for both BiteSMS and CallBar! That makes 4 tweaks and I don't know about you but F.lux MUST remain on this list! ;)

Not an easy list to create that's for sure. I'd also really want NCSettings because I need quick access to my toggles. Use them daily.
OK Bumps…

1. f.lux
2. Activator
3. Callbar

I like BiteSMS, but I use Callbar more. :)

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
Wasn't this exact premise made in another thread about what features would make you unjailbreak?
Close but no. I'm sure there are a lot of people that have tweaks that Apple would never accept, hence they stay jailbroken. This is just what tweaks are no longer needed hopefully.

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Still don't get the love for f.lux.

Zephyr
Activator
Springtomize / or some form of custom app icon placement

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I should just give it a lengthy go, then. I've used it twice before but I rather love the default bluish tinge.
On my 4s I use Fluorescent which is the lightest preset "warm" look. I don't like my screen too orange. I just like the light shade to limit the extreme blue. For me, Fluorescent is perfect. I absolutely LOVE flux.

Also, if you're an sbsettings user, finally someone created a toggle to quickly enable and disable flux. I wanted toggle for years now but I have been using NCSettings since it first came out. Hopefully all the 3rd party toggles for sbsettings will eventually be ported to Ryan Petrich's FlipSwitch since that's the whole point of the library...to have one centralized location for all the various tweaks' toggles.

But yea, flux is top 3 for me. Absolutely love it. Took me a few days to get used to it way back when I first installed it. In the beginning I even uninstalled it for a couple weeks and then went back to it randomly late at night and questioned why I ever removed it in the first place haha.