What type of adapter is this?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chris57, Jun 1, 2008.

  1. chris57, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

    chris57 macrumors member

    Dec 25, 2007
    So I bought a Mini DVI to VGA adapter on eBay for my MacBook. When I received it, I discovered it was wayyy to small to fit in the mini dvi port of my MacBook. So I emailed the seller, and he wouldn't admit to selling me the wrong thing. Instead of getting a refund (I'd have to ship it back) I'd rather resell it and break even. I just need to figure out what it is! Its about half the height of the mini dvi port, and the same width. I'm thinking its a micro dvi to vga, but I'm really not sure. Can anyone say for sure 100% what it is? I don't want to sell it not knowing exactly what it is. Sorry for the blurry pics, they were the best I could take.
  2. costabunny macrumors 68020


    May 15, 2008
    Weymouth, UK
    Thats a micro-DVI adapter for a Macbook Air

    There is a clear difference between Micro-DVI (MBA) and the Mini-DVI (MB MBP). If it was clearly listed/advertised as a Mini-DVI then it is the wrong product.

    Edit: eBay should back you up if the seller disagrees to exchange/refund it

    Mini - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DVI
    Micro - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-DVI
  3. chris57 thread starter macrumors member

    Dec 25, 2007
    Thanks for the help! He said he would let me return it, but I would have to ship it back to him with my own money. So I'd rather just resell it so I don't have to spend any more money. Thanks again.

Share This Page