What type of batteries are best for Magic Mouse and Wireless keyboard.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jaybar, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

I just got an old style aple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse. What type of batteries are best when I need to replace them? Are recharegeable ones better? This is the first time I am using wireless.

Thanks

Jay

2. slu macrumors 68000

slu

AA.

In all seriousness, I use regular alkaline. I don't like the hassel of rechargables.

3. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Just buy a rechargeable package with included batteries. Longterm they really are easy and do save you a lot of money vs buying batteries.

Hassle?=insert batteries into recharger and plug into wall. I find it pretty easy.

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I can only reiterate my recent praise for Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries. They are truly great and will spare you the hassle that ordinary rechargeable batteries can sometimes give you.

(No I don't sell them :p).

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if you go rechargeable, make sure you get double what you need so one set can always be charged and ready when the other needs charging...

6. cesko macrumors newbie

Guys what would you recommend for rechargeables specifically mAh rating?
    I'm using Panasonic's R2 rated at 2050 and am getting 3 days worth only. Upon installing a fresh pair the indicator never shows (even when using a mighty mouse) 100%; it starts out at 75% or 4 out of 5 boxes with Leopard's old Battery Level indicator ;)
    Would higher-rated batteries offer more time between replacements?
    TIA :)

7. knewsom macrumors 6502a

wow, only 3 days? More mAH is better.

Maybe NiMH is a bad battery type for this sort of application. If you want little waste, maybe Lithium would be the way to go.

8. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

The Eneloops are only rated at 2000mAH and the battery level indicator also starts out at about 75% (iirc). Still, with the Mighty Mouse they lasted for about a month with normal, daily usage. 3 days seems really short.

9. thibaulthalpern macrumors regular

The best rechargeable batteries to use is low self-discharge NiMH batteries.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_self-discharge_NiMH_battery

These are fairly new so if you can't find them, regular NiMH batteries would be still better than NiCAD.

10. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

Rechargable. I use them for everything. Modern NiMH are really great, not at all like the awful NiCD batteries of the 80's and 90's.