What type of Bluetooth Headset are you using?

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
Plantronics Voyager 520---not as sexy as other BT headsets, but if performance is important, it does VERY well for me. I got it for only ~$60 from Buy.com a couple months ago, so it was also relatviely cheap.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Started out with the HS850...

and had no problems, until the charger connection became loose and I had to wiggle-jiggle it until the blue light came on, which took a couple of shakes to ensure it was charging. Now using the Apple iPhone BT, and it holds a charge throughout the day, but I find myself turning it off, and recharging it in the middle of the day. I'm interested in a car charger that can recharge my iPhone and my iPhone BT at the same time! :cool:

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I've tried the Apple Bluetooth (doesn't fit the ear, major connection issues)
A really tiny Samsung from AT&T returned when I found it $50 cheaper online.

Now I am awaiting a Bluetrek "Sense"

Attachments

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
I currently use the Apple Headset (which can be charged on the cable without the iPhone connected, cause I do it).

I cannot stand the in the ear Apple bud style so took one of the extra ear hooks from my iSkin Cerulean F1 bluetooth headphones and it clipped perfectly to the Apple Headset.

With that in mind, when I want to listen to music and/or using for long periods of time, I connect my F1's along with the Cerulean Tx transmitter and listen in Stereo.

Both of these are my primary Bluetooth headsets. For corded I use a pair from Rivet which are awesome.

I also have a backup Bluetooth Headset and Transmitter from Jabra...BT8010

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
can you listen to the i pod with a headset?
Not in stereo without a transmitter. BlueAnt, Jabra, iSkin and others all make transmitters that plug into the sync port of the iPhone/iTouch and then you sync the transmitter to your headphones and also sync the iPhone to the headphone for answering the iPhone. Make sure that the stereo headphones you get/use can store two or more devices (i.e. cell phone & transmitter).
I can validate that the iPhone works well with Jabra's and iSkins Cerulean system.

A2DP has not been activated in the iPhone to allow bluetooth stereo headsets to work, a software upgrade "can" fix this.

Hope this answers your question,
Good Luck

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
iPhone Bluetooth.
I love the simplicity, design, and sound quality.
It is so low key that I don't look like some Borg nerd with a flashing ear.
Also I ran it through my washing machine, 2x, and it just keeps on ticking. Try that with a Jawbone or Jabra, etc.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Ive got the apple one also, but it kills the battery (on iphone and headset) to leave it on.
Plus, when you charge it in the dock, the iphine has to be on to charge the headset.
Both VERY annoying.
Both those issues are absent from my apple bluetooth. You can charge it without the Iphone and it has very little effect on my iPhone battery life. Maybe you should seek repair.